Do you struggle to stick to your healthy eating plan when it’s time to Eating Out? Are you worried you won’t be able to lose weight?
You are not alone, eating out can be one of the most daunting experiences when you are trying to lose weight. So much so that many people stop going out altogether!!
By staying at home it actually makes you feel like you are missing out on something and then what generally happens is we eat to comfort that feeling of loss.
So below are some tips to help make it easier to get out and about
- Always stick to your portion size. By staying on track with your portion size it means you won’t over indulge and walk away feeling full and bloated.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for something that is not on the menu or specify how you want something cooked. If they serve fried fish they will generally be able to grill it for you.
- Don’t order all 3 courses. Try to stick to 2 out of the 3 courses on offer. You will also be better off choosing the soup or salad than the desert!!
- If your meal comes out and it is too big get another plate and take off the bits you shouldn’t eat and then have the waiter take them away so you are not tempted by it.
- Always ask for the dressings to be on the side and stay away from the creamy ones
- Always ask for a side salad or a serve of vegetables if your meal doesn’t come with any.
- Pick a restaurant where you know they have healthy options
Below are some of the foods you should limit or ideally try to avoid from some of your favourite types restaurants
Asian (Thai or Chinese)
Anything Fried (spring rolls), coconut curries, dishes that have the skin or batter on (lemon chicken or crispy skin duck)
Creamy pasta’s or risotto’s, pizza’s, garlic bread, lasagne (unless vegetarian)
Corn chips, anything with too much cheese or sour cream
Anything deep fried, wings and ribs (or anything with lots of sauce) creamy pasta’s, garlic bread
Anything deep fried (samosas), creamy curries (butter chicken), naan bread, pappadums
When on a healthy eating plan it is important to ensure you are still enjoying yourself and if that means going out then you shouldn’t give that up – just remember to choose the healthy options!!